Q: What would cause a high pitch ring at high speeds in my 2002 Chevrolet Silverado

When I first noticed the high pitch ringing, it would start usually at about 70-75 mph. But recently in the last few months the riniging sometimes starts at 50-55. I thought about the rear end but the sounds seems to be coming from the engine bay. My only other guess would be the transmission. If you could help me figure the problem out I'd really appriciate it.

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. If it is coming from the rear then most of the time it is from the differential. If you hear is more from the front then it is possible that you have an issue within the transmission with one of the thrust bearings, or it may be a bearing issue. Most of these types of noises are related to parts that move with the speed of the vehicle. I usually get the vehicle in the air and spin all of the wheels to listen for the noise. If you want to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose what is causing this noise] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-making-a-noise-inspection

3. What would cause a high pitch ring at high speeds in my 2002 Chevrolet Silverado