Q: Hearing a grinding sound on start trying to figure out what could be?

My car has just started today making a grinding sound almost as if the key is being turned to far and forcing the starter to keep starting, it goes for about 3 seconds then when I touch the the key to the left it goes off, not sure what it is.... has only happened once, tried to look at it in drive way and it only happened 1/10 try's.. I've read online there is a history of starter relays in my car going bad could that be it and should I look to service that first?

3. Hearing a grinding sound on start trying to figure out what could be?