Q: Had intake gasket repaired and know 97 astro won't hold idle with mapping plug undone runs fine

Had intake gasket repaired and now it won't hold idle replaced new mappor mass sensor because service engine light said that was the problem still runs bad unplugged runs great

Hi there. In many cases, a problem as you’ve described is caused by a vacuum line that is not properly attached. It could also be a problem with the electrical harness connected to the mass air flow sensor that is actually faulty. It’s also possible that the intake gasket is not sealing correctly. Due to the fact there are multiple possible sources, it’s probably a good idea to have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car idle is rough inspection.

3. Had intake gasket repaired and know 97 astro won't hold idle with mapping plug undone runs fine