Q: getting new ignition housing put on 2008 camry. will I need new key or reprogram old one ?

my mechanic is putting new ignition housing in, will I be able to use old key. I also bought new cylinder and had it re keyed for my old key. in other words will new housing require me to reprogram ?....new chip or what ?

It depends on what you mean by "housing". If you are referring to just simply the mechanical lock cylinder, no re-programming is required and all you have to do is be sure the key fits properly. However, if electrical components are being replaced, other than just simply the ignition "switch", then it is likely reprogramming will be required. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

• getting new ignition housing put on 2008 camry. will I need new key or reprogram old one ?