Q: gas to diesel engine swap

i would like to do a gas to diesel engine swap on a 2002 Isuzu trooper , with a JDM. diesel motor . is this allowed in Maryland?

Hi there. You will need to check with The State of Delaware’s DMV to determine if this type of engine swap is legal. On the mechanical side, I wouldn’t recommend this, unless you’ve got a pretty large budget for changing all electronics, fuel system, transmission and drive line systems; as in most cases, when you change from a gasoline engine to diesel engine, those systems as well require change.