Q: Gas pedal not working!!!

asked by on July 28, 2016

I just recently had my throttle position sensor changed but now my gas pedal doesn't work what could be the problem??

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2006 Ford Explorer. Both the throttle body on the engine and the accelerator pedal inside of the vehicle have sensors on them to tell the computer which positions they are in. A failure in either may cause a lack in throttle response. If you want to have this looked at by another professional, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your gas pedal issue in person and assist with the correct repairs.