Q: Fuse box

So my car wasn't starting and it ended up being the battery terminals so i changed them and now my car works fine but the stereo wont turn on. I checked the fuses and they weren't blown but when i checked them with a circuit tester the light wouldn't come on. I checked all the fuses with a tester and some had power and some didn't but none were blown. is there any way to restore power to those fuses or am i going to have to replace the fuse box?

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The question to ask is, was your stereo working before you had a battery issue? If your stereo was working before you changed the battery terminals, then either the terminals may not have made a good connection or there may have been a ground wire that was not hooked up. Sometimes when hooking up battery terminals, the spark serge from the battery could cause circuits to overload. It is possible that the circuit in the fuse box may have been burned. If that is the case, then you would need to fix the fuse box terminals. Also, it is very common for Neons to have the stereo go bad. Remove the stereo and check the connection harness. See if there is power to the harness with the key on the On position and Accessory position. If there is no power, then your fuse box is the issue. If there is power, then the stereo failed. If you need assistance in troubleshooting your stereo, a YourMechanic certified technician can be dispatched to your location to perform a car stereo is not working inspection service and diagnose this issue for you.