Q: Factory remote start chirps once and doesn't start but starts when I hold key beside ignition?

2008 Ford F150 FX4 5.4L - Factory remote start 7L3J-19G367-AA My factory remote stopped working. It goes thru the motions and locks doors chirps once engine lights come on but doesn't start then chirps once again. It will remote start when I hold the ignition key against the ignition but when I take it away it doesn't remote start. What does this mean?

Hi there. First check the remote battery and make sure that it is working. If the battery has not been changed for a long time, I suggest replacing the battery first. If you still have the same problem then the fob seems to have a loose contact within the remote fob. Take apart the fob as you were to replace the battery and you will see two wires that are soldered. The solder has become dry and brittle and needs a new amount of solder to create a better contact. What is happening is contacts are too small to produce a far distance signal due to a less voltage transfer. This happens when the keys are dropped or the buttons are pushed too hard. If you need further assistance with your remote engine start, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Factory remote start chirps once and doesn't start but starts when I hold key beside ignition?