Q: Gear box

asked by on October 13, 2017

When I turn on my car and want to change in gear from parked to drive it won’t move I have to wait and and some times keep pushing the button so that it can move to drive. This happens in the morning and randomly throughout the day.

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Shift systems vary by manufacturer so the possible causes of the fault that you are writing in about will depend on which vehicle model you have. You refer to a "button" though which suggests a possible electrical fault, either in the "switch" itself or the circuits and devices that are commanded when you push the button. YourMechanic does have a mobile (right to your door) transmission shift diagnostic service. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will pinpoint the cause of the problem and get it resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr