Q: Engine leaking fuel

My engine is leaking fuel when I first start my car. The leak stops after I start driving car and doesnt leak the rest of the day

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a leak that is related to the fuel pressure produced when the fuel system is first primed as you turn the key. When you turn the key to first start the engine, the fuel pump powers up and will begin building the necessary fuel pressure for the engine to ignite when turning over. In most cars, this fuel pressure is very high. As a result, if you have any compromised fuel lines this pressure may cause it to leak upon start up as you describe. This is very dangerous and could potentially start a fire. I would recommend not driving the car at all until you have this looked at by a mechanic. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Engine leaking fuel