Q: Parking brake is locked up.

it seems that the parking brake on the rear passenger tire is not letting go. i can release the brake, the dummy light goes out but when i shift into reverse the car will not move. the first time i tried, the drivers side rear tire spun in the driveway when i gave the car some extra gas. for now i can rock the car back and forth like i am stuck in the snow but it won't go more than an inch or so. i can feel the car roll up on the right side as i try to give it gas. can the brake pad be frozen on the wheel? how do i get it loose? how can i take it to the dealer if i can move it? can't even tow it right?

The car can still be towed. Often, the metal wires cables that control the mechanical parking brake may rust in their insulation and that causes the cable to bind and seize. These systems can fail in both the released position or the clamped position like yours has. You should not try to release the brake yourself as it may be dangerous if it decides to let go while your hands are in the area. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic to may be able to come to your location, inspect the problem with the parking brake and offer a more personal diagnosis and repair.

3. Parking brake is locked up.