Q: Driving capability locked

I cannot drive my car. The security system is showing a theft attempt.

3. Driving capability locked

Q: Changed alternator and battery, but still says check charging system

Hello and thank you for writing in! This is likely a sign of a bad voltage regulator. This is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery from the alternator. When this is not functioning properly, this can cause...

Q: power steering not working, hydraulic fluid overflowing

Hello there. A few different faults can cause the power steering fluid to overflow. You are correct that a blockage of some sort could cause the system to overflow. The most likely cause would be either a blocked line, a...

Q: I accidentally hit the panic button on the key fob of my 2005 chevy avalanche and now it won't start. I put a new battery in the key fob.

Hi there. Remove the battery cables (+ and -) and then put them back on after 12 minutes. This will clear the computer out and reset the security. Then put the key in the door and as you unlock the...