Q: Doesn't go above 40mph and when put in reverse it goes forward. 1997 Nissan Altima

Car doesn't go above 40mph and when u out it in reverse it goes forward also leaking oil from bottom.

Hi there - first task is to check for adequate transmission fluid. Low fluid can cause all sorts of bad behavior from your transmission. If the fluid on the ground is pink/red, that is transmission fluid for sure. If the fluid level is correct, this is likely a serious internal problem in the transmission. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Doesn't go above 40mph and when put in reverse it goes forward. 1997 Nissan Altima