Q: Doesn't go above 40mph and when put in reverse it goes forward. 1997 Nissan Altima

Car doesn't go above 40mph and when u out it in reverse it goes forward also leaking oil from bottom.

Hi there - first task is to check for adequate transmission fluid. Low fluid can cause all sorts of bad behavior from your transmission. If the fluid on the ground is pink/red, that is transmission fluid for sure. If the fluid level is correct, this is likely a serious internal problem in the transmission. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Doesn't go above 40mph and when put in reverse it goes forward. 1997 Nissan Altima