Q: do all cars need break pads

my car doesn't have break pads in the rear but my dad says i dont need it for 'My' car so i just want to get a second opinion?

In some instances, your dad is kind of correct. Brake ’pads" are typical to disc brake systems which your vehicle does have at the front. Your rear brakes may be drum brakes. The friction material used with drum brakes is typically referred to as "brake shoes". Whether of a disc or drum-type design, the function is the same. Brake pads and/or shoes are the friction material that presses against the brake discs or drums, to slow the vehicle down. It’s just a matter of which design they have. If your car has disc brakes - "Your car needs brake pads" might be what you hear. With drum brakes you might hear: "Your car doesn’t need pads. It needs shoes". Regardless of brake type, your vehicle does have some sort of braking at all four wheels.

3. do all cars need break pads