Q: Will a 1996 transmission from a tahoe fit a 1999 chevy tahoe?

I got a 1999 tahoe and transmission doesnt work . Will a transmission from a 1996 gmc yukon that i found fit my 1999 chevy tahoe?

Both of these vehicles use the 4L60E/m30 transmissions. The only thing that may concern me is the 4 years difference may have changes in the wire connections between the two transmissions. I would recommend checking the two wire connections between them to verify they are the same. Other than this check the two transmissions are the same design and model and will cross fit each other.

3. Will a 1996 transmission from a tahoe fit a 1999 chevy tahoe?