Q: Diagnostic reads 12 and 22. Jeep is idling at just over 1000 rpm (drives itself at 50km/hour.)

using the home diagnostic check ie ... key turn 5 times, count how many times check engine light blinks gave us the following readings ... 12, 22, and 32 . have just replaced front oxygen sensor, jeep ran fine for a week or so now it is reading 12 and 22 on diagnostic. drives fine, then when engine is warm it idles high - foot off excellerator and it still drives at 50km/h. I believe the 12 is the battery being disconnected in last 50 key turns and the 22 means coolant sensor... would the coolant sensor cause the jeep to idle high when engine is warm ? it is unnerving especially in traffic ... can you offer any ideas , suggestions ??/

Hi there. Yes, the code 12 is for a battery disconnect to the PCM of the vehicle. The code 50 means that there is an error with the PCM. The code 26 means that there is an electrical input issue with the PCM. For the code 50 to come up, check the battery cables to ensure that they are tight and clean. Make sure that the harness to the computer is locked in and tight. For the code 26 and your engine idle high at cold conditions and then when warmed up it drops, this can be the coolant temperature sensor malfunctioning or the idle control valve (ICV) could be not working properly. Check the condition of both the coolant temperature sensor and the ICV and make sure that both are functioning correctly. Which ever one is not working, I recommend replacing it. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your engine idle high issue.

3. Diagnostic reads 12 and 22. Jeep is idling at just over 1000 rpm (drives itself at 50km/hour.)