Q: Dash guages and ignition key issues.

The speed guage is off on how fast i am going. The fuel guage shows empty all the time with the low fuel light on although gas is full. ABS light goes off and on at times and i feel the brakes vibrate at times. The key is stuck in the on position and wont turn back to turn ignition truck off. Without having to pay a $100.00 + diagnostics fee, what could be the issue and is all of this linked? Thanks in advance.

A: This is a common issue in this generation o...

This is a common issue in this generation of Chevrolet pickups related to the dash not working properly. Many of these were faulty and warrantied or recalled.

The vibrating brakes may be caused by uneven or warped brake rotors which can happen as they get hot and cold repeatedly causing high and low spots to develop in them. This is commonly known to cause the ABS light to come on.

The key stuck in the ignition is likely an issue with the tumbler inside the ignition switch which may need to be replaced.

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose these combined issues and repair them as necessary.