Q: Battery dies after jump start after turning key off. Battery? Alternator? No dimming lights no dashboard dimming. Battery maybe?

Car was left parked for 1 week. Battery dead. Hooked up jumper cables and it started immediately. Drove 2 miles to get gas and would not start again. Got a jump and it immediately started. Drove around for 10 monutes went home parked and waited half an hour, it wouldn't start. Jumped it again and it immediately started. Now dead again

Hello. If the vehicle is running fine as you drive around then the alternator should be fine. This is usually caused by a bad battery. It sounds like it is accepting a jump but it is not accepting charge from the alternator. The battery should be load tested and then replaced. If you need some help with getting this done, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and service your battery.

• Battery dies after jump start after turning key off. Battery? Alternator? No dimming lights no dashboard dimming. Battery maybe?