Q: When turning on and accelerating the car sometimes doesn't go. It needs constant pumping of the gas pedal to begin proper acceleration.

Sometimes when i start the car, it is very slow and jumpy. With either constant pumping of gas or turning on and off, it will be ok. Once it gets going, no problem. Also abs light is on

A: Due to the fact a warning light has illumin...

Due to the fact a warning light has illuminated, you need to start with a code scan. This will lets us know if the ABS light is on as an additional issue, or if it is the main cause of your problems. These are not the most common signs of ABS problems, but they can occur.

Once you have the codes, find a common component between them and look to diagnose and test that component first. Symptoms like you are having may be related to a failing fuel pump, and or clogged fuel filter.

Another fuel component to consider is the throttle. Perform a visual inspection on the throttle body and components. Also take a look at the drive belts while you are there. These can be frayed, stretched out, or have a failing pulley and cause similar engine issues.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose your loss of power firsthand.