Q: Coolant is leaking from I think the valley between the water pump and thermostat housing, so could it be the water pump gone bad?

The coolant leaks from under the manifold and goes down onto the ground, and when the car is running it produces a white smoke from the exhaust, as well as the engine kind of smokes.

Hi there:

In most cases, the coolant leak you’re describing would be caused by the coolant hose that runs from the water pump into the top of the engine. It’s either due to the hose having a small hole or a connection that is loose or has broken. The leak could possibly be coming from the water pump gasket or the pump itself, but it’s highly unlikely since the coolant trickles to the exhaust. The best way to know for certain is to contact one of our mobile mechanics and have them complete an car is leaking coolant inspection; so they can trace the source of the problem and make the correct repairs.

3. Coolant is leaking from I think the valley between the water pump and thermostat housing, so could it be the water pump gone bad?