Q: Clutch pedal going soft after you bleed it. Has s new clutch and a auto shop says it's the master cylinder

asked by on June 27, 2016

Clutch pedal going soft after a few minutes when you bleed it. Has a new clutch and a auto shop says it's the master cylinder

Clutch is not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If the clutch pedal is going soft even after it is bled, then that is an indicator that there is either a problem with the master cylinder or the slave cylinder.

If the seals inside the master cylinder wear out they will not be able to properly hold pressure and, as a result, will cause the pedal to go soft or sink to the ground. Worn or damaged seals often result in dirty fluid in the reservoir.

If it is the original master cylinder then it is possible that it may just need to be replaced.

I’d recommend getting some assistance from a qualified mechanic who can diagnose the issue with your clutch. Once the issue has been pinpointed an accurate repair can be made.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr