Q: clutch fluid (oil) run out.

asked by on June 10, 2016

I started up my car. When I try to put the reverse gear it didn't wanted to let me all thou I had the clutch all the way in. I try again and the gears didn't work even if I had the clutch in. I insteanly open my front Hood to check what was going on. I look at the clutch oil level and it didn't have not oil in it. My question is if I put the oil back in it would the clutch would work normally? Hope to hear back.

Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement $138.49 - $488.88 Get a Quote
Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement $153.16 - $485.68 Get a Quote

The empty clutch fluid reservoir means the clutch slave cylinder or master cylinder (or both) has failed. It happens due to wear and age.

The repair is to replace both the clutch slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder and then bleed the system. They take DOT3 brake fluid. If you just fill the reservoir and bleed it without replacing the worn parts the clutch may work for somewhere between 5 minutes and a few days.