Q: Check light, car died, wont start without turning key to electric position for a few mins

Yesterday my check light came on, which is normal for my car because I have an issue with the ecu for my speed sensor. When I got home, as soon as I pulled into the driveway, my car died with not warning. I couldn't get it to start. We checked the fuses, timing belt, etc. So anyways today when my mechanics assistant came by with the code reader, he turned the car to the electric only position (with the key) and after a few mins it started. Im thinking it could be the fuel pump. Any advice?

3. Check light, car died, wont start without turning key to electric position for a few mins