Q: Car will not start. No noise when key turned. New battery. Yes

Car started a few times even after turning key and nothing over the past few weeks. Now turn key and nothing, one click.

Hello There, It sounds like you may have a weak battery which is usually an indication when getting a clicking sound while turning the key to start the car. This happens when the battery simply does not have the requisite power to turn the engine over. This can also happen when the starter solenoid is beginning to fail. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Car will not start. No noise when key turned. New battery. Yes