Q: Car stopped starting one day. Cranks and keeps cranking. just won't fully start. Hooked up a code reader and nothing came back.

I changed the spark plugs and checked to make sure the coil packs were sparking. Replaced the fuel filter, and the fuel pump is working when the key is turned. The car was running great right to where it stopped starting. Any ideas?

My car has an automatic transmission. It's a 2002 Subaru outback h6

Hi there. I used the acronym FAST for my no start concerns; this is for the basics. I check for Fuel, Air, Spark, and Timing. Make sure the air filter is not clogged and that the there are no codes for the airflow meter; and if possible check the data for the airflow meter to make sure it is reading properly. If you have the FAS parts, then the T is the last one to check; the timing belt. There is a chance that the timing belt could be broken. A visual inspection of the belt will obviously reveal whether or not the belt is broken. Ultimately, I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car doesn’t start inspection.

• Car stopped starting one day. Cranks and keeps cranking. just won't fully start. Hooked up a code reader and nothing came back.