Q: I'm looking to buy an 01 cobra but the guy selling it says there is a lifter problem. How serious is this and should I buy?

asked by on March 05, 2017

The guy said he had a mechanic check it and I just want to know if it is worth buying and fixing it. How much will this cost me?

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The lifter is not too much of a problem, but it could be costly to replace if you are having a technician replace it. You can try changing the engine oil and filter and running a oil treatment in the engine to make the noise go away. If your budget is not including any engine noise repairs that can be expensive, then I suggest not getting this vehicle, but if you are okay with the parts replacements, then it is okay to get the vehicle. Just make sure that you perform a inspection before getting the vehicle. If you need further assistance with the engine having a lifter tapping noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr