Q: Car starts but engine shuts off shortly thereafter - 2002 Chevrolet Blazer

I have a 2002 Chevy Blazer. A week ago, the check engine soon light came on, and I had my brother-in-law take it to have the code read. He told me that I had a bad fuse. I was planning on taking it to have someone look at it, but the check engine soon light went off. Today, I was driving the Blazer, and the engine shut off while I was stopping at a stop sign. After pulling over to the side of the road, I waited about 10 minutes and made an attempt to turn the car back on. the engine started and stayed on for about 10 seconds before shutting off. Do you believe that it is a blown fuse like the code had read prior to the car breaking down? If so, which fuse would I need to replace for engine shutting off? Everything else still works. The battery is fine. The radio, lights, and locks all work. Please help

A: Hello. No, this is not a blown fuse. Once a...

Hello. No, this is not a blown fuse. Once a fuse fails, it must be replaced. I would have the problem codes read again. It is possible that you have a failing crankshaft or camshaft position sensor or another electrical component that is failing. The problem code(s) should provide some guidance for diagnosis.

If you can't get the vehicle to another auto parts store for a "code check", I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to perform an inspection to determine why the Check Engine Light is on and suggest any needed repairs.