Q: Car shutting off in the middle of driving

I bought my car new and it had no issues until recently, when it started shutting off during driving out of the blue. I took it to the dealer but he couldn't resolve the issue as it happens intermittently. When it happened again, I took it to the dealer and had the battery replaced and some other parts related to the electrical system. This was in vain, because it happened again the other day. What should I do?

Hello. The first thing that I would suggest that you do is have an inspection of the electrical charging system completed. It is possible that the alternator is working intermittently. There are brushes inside of the alternator that conduct electricity. If the brushes inside the alternator are only making contact intermittently, this may cause the battery to go dead repeatedly. Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come out to diagnose your stalling issue and recommend necessary repairs.