Q: Q: Car shut off, but restarted

My car needs a tune-up. The Engine light came on, the car sputtered, then shut off. It started again, but loses power. I believe the spark plugs need replacing as well.

Spark plugs and wires are important to change on a maintenance schedule. The platinum plugs in your car are suppose to be good for 100K, but I’ve seen the plugs be well worn before that. If the car is stalling, it’s possible the crankshaft sensor is on it’s way out. If the Check engine Light came on, there will be a code stored to indicate where the malfunction is. If you would like this repaired, consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect why your Check Engine Light is on.

3. Q: Car shut off, but restarted