Q: Car overheating

So my car overheated and shut off yesterday. It turned on and will drive but shortly after it started to make this rattling clicking noise when I accelerate. And then it'll start to smoke from the hood and shut off. The antifreeze all came out but I can't spot a leak and the hoses are still tight.

A: All the noise and rattling comes from the e...

All the noise and rattling comes from the engine overheating. You should have your cooling system pressure tested to see if the radiator is leaking or if you have a leaking hose.

Once the cooling system is fixed then the engine should be checked to make sue you did not damage the cylinder heads or the engine itself when you overheated it to the point that it stopped.

I suggest getting your car checked out by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to the vehicles location to diagnose your overheating issue and help you fix it accordingly. Good luck.