Q: Car not shifting properly after transmission replacement.

I've had my car in the shop on and off for about 5 months because it has a hard time shifting gears at lower speeds. The mechanic has tried about 3 or 4 different transmissions and the problem is still there. It even got stuck in park and I couldn't go in reverse to get out of a parking lot, although it would go in drive(parked in front of a building so I could only do reverse). It eventually went into reverse after flooring it severely times out of frustration. It was parked on a slight decline. It shifts barely if I slowly push the excelerator but I'm still nervous driving it.

This sounds like a problem with the transmission range sensor, also known as the transmission position sensor. This sensor is responsible for sending data or input to the PCM relating to the transmission in order for the PCM to properly control it. When this sensor is not working properly, you may notice the transmission may not go into the specified gear selected or in some cases it may shift on its own or not allow the vehicle to start. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to properly diagnose and repair.

3. Car not shifting properly after transmission replacement.