Q: Car making a noise whenever accelerating or changing speed and malfunction indicator lamp is on.

Malfunction indicator lamp is on. Noise when accelerating or changing speed.

When you say there is a noise on acceleration it can be coming from the engine, transmission, or drive train. The noise needs to be pinpointed and the Check Engine Light would need to be diagnosed by a qualified mechanic to see what is causing the problem.

• Car making a noise whenever accelerating or changing speed and malfunction indicator lamp is on.