Q: car was bought o. Friday wouldn't start saturday

asked by on February 07, 2017

My son bought car Friday evening it was jumping on way home and cutting off Saturday it wouldn't start so we tried a few times to start it with no success It was towed back to garage .My son rang garage today and their blaming him they said he broke cam shaft from trying to start it so much is this teue

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If the camshaft is broken, it is very unlikely that it was caused by your son from trying to start it too much. The starter engages the ring gear on the flywheel which is bolted to the crankshaft, not the camshaft. If the camshaft is broken, it was most likely due to a fault within the engine. Is the camshaft broken? Always ask to see the failed part with an explanation as to why and how it failed. Ask until you understand what is occurring and feel confident about the situation. Your Mechanic has several technicians that can assist you with a no start inspection.