Q: Car makes loud tapping/knocking when turning slighly left or left front left tire area. started after clutch replacement

i just got the clutch replaced and before the mechanic it didnt make the noise then leaveing the shop it started making this noise and the noise speeds up and slows down as my car does. but its not constant. seems to be only when turning left and only sometimes

Hello. I would need to know what the noise sounds like in order to get a better understanding on what may be going on. Most of the time, if this occurred right after the transmission is removed and replaced, it is caused by something not installed correctly in the clutch or it may be an axle issue. From what you are explaining, it sounds like you have a cv axle that may be failing. This can occur after they are removed and replaced during this repair. If you want to have this drivetrain noise fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

• Car makes loud tapping/knocking when turning slighly left or left front left tire area. started after clutch replacement