Q: car lost acceleration and could only go under 5mpr

car lost acceleration on hwy and could only drive at less than 5mph

The vehicle is in limp mode. This is due to the engine computer detectecting a fault that could potentially damage the engine If the vehicle is driven. This is the computers attempt to save the engine from further harm. There are several things that could cause your particular vehicle to enter limp mode. You will need to have a technician, such as one from YourMechanic to read the engine computer and diagnose the trouble codes to determine what repairs are needed for your acceleration problem.

3. car lost acceleration and could only go under 5mpr