Q: Car losses power for a second

As i am driving on the road as normal, the car stops for about a second. Everything goes dead including the speedometer and tachometer dropping down to 0 then continues back to normal. Also all the signals on the dash board light up including oil, engine, abs, vsa, seat belt, battery etc. I'm not sure what the problem is.

A: Firstly, I would make sure you do not have ...

Firstly, I would make sure you do not have excessive keys or heavy metal objects on your key ring when inserted into the ignition of the car. The excessive weight may cause the key to turn off the car. If this is not the case, I'd look for a possible ignition switch issue causing the intermittent problem you're experiencing. If you'd like to get this fixed have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come check your ignition system and replace your ignition switch if necessary. Good luck.