Every couple months or so I have problems with my transmi...

Every couple months or so I have problems with my transmission. WHen i am at a complete stop when I press the gas pedal to go, the car accelrates but does not move. It takes slow to speed up. This issue comes and goes, along with ...

Every couple months or so I have problems with my transmission. WHen i am at a complete stop when I press the gas pedal to go, the car accelrates but does not move. It takes slow to speed up. This issue comes and goes, along with the check engine light. When the light is on I have the symptoms, when its off I do not Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink? Stays on, no no blinking Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your transmissions? I have a 2006 suzuki forenza Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forenza yourself? What have you tried so far? Not myself. I take it to a autoshop and they dont really give me any information. Every time I l leave the auto shop the problem is gone and the light is off

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I am going to be helping you today. I am sorry to hear about he problem you are having with your vehicle, I know how frustrating that can be. During this process the Just Answer system will automatically prompt you for a phone call. You can decline this option when prompted and we can discuss making a phone call if it is needed. Give me a few minutes between replies to research your concern and I will respond promptly. \*\*\*\*\*\* Have you had the vehicle scanned for codes? Do you know which code is stored?

P0700 was the code
Automotive Expert
P0700 is an engine code which indicates there is a fault in the Transmission Control Module (TCM) A fully functional scan tool is required to scan the TCM for codes. A common failure on your vehicle is for the range position sensor. It can cause the P0700 code and cause the trans to go into failsafe mode where it will start out in high gear. When the failure occurs, does the gear indicator on the dash flash or display an incorrect gear?

It has a couple times yes. It flashes as if it does not what gear the car is in
Automotive Expert
That would indicate that the transmission range sensor has failed. This sensor is what tells the computer which gear you have selected. My reference shows the swich calls for .5/hr of labor with a part MSRP just under $60. Actual labor and part prices will be set by the repair facility you use.

Thank you so much. I will get that taken care of. Is there only transmission range sensor in the car?also why dies the problem go away for a little bit then come back?Does\*Is there only one transmission range sensor in cars?
Automotive Expert
Yes, there is only one range sensor. There are many other sensors for the transmission however. Problems can be intermittent for various reasons, which could be triggered by heat or vibration.