I bought a new battery for my 2004 Jaguar X-Type and when...

I bought a new battery for my 2004 Jaguar X-Type and when I set up at terminals it started sparking Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged? Yes I just got it from O'Reilly's and I ...

I bought a new battery for my 2004 Jaguar X-Type and when I set up at terminals it started sparking Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged? Yes I just got it from O'Reilly's and I went to put the put it back in and when I hooked up the terminals to it it has in Sparks Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far? All I've done is trying to put the terminals on and it just starts smoking and sparking so like can't do anything from there

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.
Automotive Expert
I’m very sorry that you’re having this issue and together, we will get this figured out. I will need your help too because I can’t see, touch, hear or smell anything that’s going on with your vehicle. We may also require some specialized testing tools in order to assist us in diagnosing the problems due to the complexity of today’s vehicles. JA will offer a phone call to you at an additional fee, it’s your choice. Please be patient with my replies, I reply back in question order received. If I send you an attachment, I will tell you, BUT, you will NOT get it on a phone; you must be on a tablet or PC. Please let me know when you are satisfied with my answers too so we can close out your question. It sounds like you have a short to ground. I attached a doc for you to try and see what happens. It's safe to do too. If this does NOT work, you will need to begin checking circuits for short to ground starting with he alternator and starter motor. Thanks again and all the best:) Ron
Automotive Expert
Please feel free to text me back if you need any more help. Thanks again and be well:) Ron