Q: can a alternator belt make car not start because I was driving my car and I ran out of gas and i put a little gas in? belt broke

I was driveing my car yesterday and my alternator belt broke and I was driving today and ran out of gas and I put a little gas in and went to start and battery was dead and got a jump and still wouldn't start. And I just had a performance fuel pump put on and just dont know what up

Hi there. It is very difficult to diagnose this type of hard to start issue remotely due to the fact that both issues; running the vehicle out of gas and the alternator belt being broken can cause the car to not start. It’s kind of like a chicken / egg type deal. In order for the fuel pump to deliver fuel, it needs power. It receives this power from the battery initially, but then the alternator. If the alternator belt is broken, you won’t have power supplied to components. It is best to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection to determine what is causing the starting problems on your Dodge Neon.

3. can a alternator belt make car not start because I was driving my car and I ran out of gas and i put a little gas in? belt broke