Q: Camshaft position sensor went out

I change it out but still want start is there anything else I need to do it turns over but want crank

A: Hi there: It really depends on how it was ...

Hi there:

It really depends on how it was determined that the crankshaft position sensor was damaged. If there was an error code that was found by a routine scan then it's possible that the sensor itself was not the source of the problem. This happens more frequently if an auto parts store does a quick scan and assumes it's the component; when in most case, it's the electrical harness attached to the sensor or excessive debris inside the sensor that needs to be cleaned. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection so they can pinpoint the precise source of your starting issues and recommend the right repairs be completed.