Q: battery light comes on about half minite after starting it

battery light comes on about half minite after starting it

A: Hello. The battery light will illuminate wh...

Hello. The battery light will illuminate when the charging system is registering out of normal voltage ranges. The computer starts running tests immediately and is detecting a problem right from the start. The battery, and alternator can be removed from the vehicle and tested at your local auto parts stores. The vehicle depends on these systems to work correctly in order to run correctly. If they fail while driving the vehicle will stall and leave you stranded. You can also have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes to see what exact reading is setting off the warning light. Use the scan results and the results from the battery and alternator test to help diagnose what is causing the warning light.