Battery post broke l4-2.0l focus 2009 ford

Q: Battery post broke

asked by on February 13, 2018

I was cleaning the corrosion out of the battery post and when I tried to put it back The post snapped , I have a picture What can I do? Buy a new battery ?

The post is an integral part of the battery. It is not separately serviceable and thus you must buy a new battery. If the post has dislodged, or any component of the battery is "broken", be very wary about the remainder of the battery as it contains sulfuric acid. Batteries are quite hazardous and can explode if short circuited and create a mess if leaking. If you desire battery replacement at your location, please request service and the responding certified mechanic will assist you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.