Q: I have a 2006volkswagen passat and was told that i needed my high pressure regulator pump replaced cause my car was not accelerati

My epc light and cel light stay on and my car originally stopped accelerating when these lights came on and I was told that I needed to replace my high pressure fuel regulator and after replacing it now it misfires really badly just in park and when I put it in gear it shuts off...can you help me?

If your vehicle’s Check Engine Light, as well as Electronic Power Control - EPC - light are on, you should request a diagnostic to have the stored Trouble Codes read and evaluated. Diagnostics that follow up on the specific downloaded trouble codes will lead to a resolution of the new issue you are reporting, namely the misfiring. To address in detail the check engine light codes, I would need to know the specific codes that have been stored on your vehicle (these codes are downloaded using a scan tool). With regard to the Passat EPC warning light, though, some common faults causing that light to illuminate include faults with the engine speed sensor, mass air flow sensor, brake light switch, and throttle body. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic can and will identify the causes of the engine misfiring for you, if you simply request a check engine light diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.