Q: Back fires and chokes on take off

have a 2005 ford f150 5.4 changed timing chains gears and oil pump and cam phasers when I start it in the morning and try to take off it chokes and back fires also changed mass air flow sensor cleaned throttle body new plugs also checked vct solenoids not stuck

A: In order to provide better advice I would...

Hello.

In order to provide better advice I would have to know a few more details about the issue, specifically if the performance issues occur only when the vehicle is first started, or at all times.

If the symptoms began after the work you did then it may be possible that they are a result of a of something going wrong during the work. It may also be possible that there is some sort of issue with the engine management system, which can also cause similar symptoms.

I would recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home and diagnose the backfiring symptom firsthand for an accurate repair.