Q: Automatic to Standard conversion

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 3.6L V6 with the automatic transmission in it. The tranny is starting to slip and I want to replace it. I found another eclipse with the same specs, only it's a standard. If I bought the car, could I use all (or most) of the parts from the standard to convert my automatic to a standard? I'm completely ignorant to the entire situation so as much info as possible will be appreciated

Hello, thank you for writing in. A swap like this can be complicated if you are not used to doing it yourself. This is something you may want to seek help with. The vehicle with the manual transmission has all of the major components that you will need. You may end up needing a separate wiring harness to connect the computer to the new transmission, but that will depend on the condition of the existing ones. Beyond the obvious swap, you also need to take into account you will have an extra pedal, and you will need to modify your vehicle to install that pedal. For more help with repairing your current automatic transmission contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Automatic to Standard conversion