Q: Auto braking mode activated suddenly - 2014 Cadillac ATS

My car has a mileage of 39,000 miles. The issue occurred once. I was driving at the speed of 50 mph, when all of the sudden there was a malfuncion of the auto braking feature. The front collision warning came on. At that point, the brakes were slammed automatically. There were no vehicles near. The car was stopped suddenly for no apparent reason. There could have been an accident if there had been vehicles behind me. Do you have any idea why this happened?

Wow, that would be scary! I can imagine that experience leaving me with no confidence in that vehicle. It sounds like a glitch in the system. If it has happened to yours, it is extremely likely it has occured to other drivers with their Cadillacs. I’m imagining a very serious sit down meeting with you and the dealership service manager. They must certainly be aware of other instances of this occuring around the country. And they may have a fix for it. It is important to get this documented with the dealership. If you are having continuous issues, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come and inspect your vehicle, at your home or office.