Q: Antifreeze liquid disaperaing.

Lost of antifreeze liquid, can't see any leaks. But can see white smoke from exhaust than starting the car. After engine getting hotter, not smoke anymore. But engine is not overheating. The smoke seems not smelling with antifreeze and can't see any signs of antifreeze getting to the oil. Is it any chance is not gasket?

A: By the problem you describe in your questio...

By the problem you describe in your question, the problem sounds like you have a leaking intake manifold that leaks into one or more cylinders when the engine is cold. Sometimes an intake gasket or head gasket leak will leak when the engine is cold and then seal up as the engine heats up and the metal expands and seals the leak. You should have the cooling system pressure tested when the engine is cold to see if a leak is detected. If a leak is detected, then all the spark plugs should be removed to see which cylinder is getting coolant in it. A computer scan that shows a misfire may indicate the cylinder that has the leak. If you want to have this looked at by a professional, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to locate the leak and make the correct repair.