Q: Anti theft system needs reset

The car was giving to me by my mom and Thomas and my mom lost the key and Thomas beat the ignition out and the theft light come on.. and we've tried letting the key spring back to on and sit for 10 min but the light never stoped blinking and it didn't work. We've also tried taking the battery out for 15 min and that didn't work either so it's up to you

Follow this Pass-Lock relearn procedure. If it does not work, the ignition lock may need to be replaced if it was damaged. The Pass-Lock family has two basic relearn procedures—a ten-minute procedure and a thirty-minute procedure—and which one you use depends on the system and what components have been replaced. The ten-minute procedure involves trying to start the engine. If nothing happens or the engine starts and dies, the security light will be flashing. Wait ten minutes. The flashing light should go off or illuminate without flashing. When it does, turn the ignition off, wait twenty seconds, and then try to start the engine. If it starts and runs, everything is okay. If you get the same result as previously—nothing happens or the engine starts and dies with the security light flashing—wait ten more minutes. You will now begin the thirty-minute relearn procedure, which is just the ten-minute procedure repeated three times. After turning the ignition off for the third time and waiting for twenty seconds, the engine should start and run. If it doesn’t, there may still be something wrong with the system. After the learn procedure is completed and the engine is running, the security light may stay on steady for a few minutes and then go off—this is normal. Depending on the system, replacement of key components will necessitate that a relearn procedure be completed. These include the ignition lock cylinder, Powertrain Control Module (PCM), Body Control Module (BCM), or Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC).

3. Anti theft system needs reset