Q: Air conditioner not blowing out of vents

The air conditioner is not blowing out of the vents. Also, the airbag light comes and the cruise control is not working.

If the Air Bag Light comes on and stays on solid there is more than likely a problem with the clock spring in the steering column behind the air bag. The clock spring allows the switches in the steering wheel to work while it is turning. The ribbon cable will deteriorate over time and need replacing. If you have a flashing Air Bag Light that is a computer code and you need to count how many times it blinks to determine what is wrong in the computer. If it is just a code it can usually be reset fairly easily. I would recommend having a technician come out and inspect the Air Bag Light and replace the clock spring if that is the problem.

The AC not blowing is a different problem. It is more than likely the blower motor or blower motor resistor are not working. I would recommend having a technician from YourMechanic diagnose your AC by testing the voltage and back probing the blower to see if it is the blower motor or switch. While they are there they can install the new clock spring in the steering wheel as well.

3. Air conditioner not blowing out of vents