Q: My car pulls hard to the right during acceleration .

asked by on February 26, 2017

The car pulls hard when accelerating and then seems to pull back the other direction after a few seconds. Feels like the wind is blowing the car off track every time I accelerate.

Hi there. Most of the time, when the car pulls to one side during acceleration, it is caused by either the suspension being out of alignment or what’s referred to as a radial pull with the tire. Inside the tire are a series of radial belts, that are designed to keep the tire circular and maintain this integrity for the lifespan of the tire’s tread. In some cases the belts will break inside the tire, which will cause the tire to pull to the outside. This is something that can’t be repaired, unless you replace the tire. However, the pull can also be due to a mechanical component that makes up the front suspension being loose or damaged. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location first and complete a car pulls while driving inspection. This will allow them to inspect and test drive your car, to determine what is causing the issue and recommend the right repairs.